VesselAI – Enabling Maritime Digitalisation by extreme- scale analytics, AI and Digital Twins
Shipping is the lifeblood of global economy, consequently one of the leading sources of greenhouse gases and one of the high-incident domains, due to heavy traffic especially in congested waters, therefore facing escalating pressure for safety, energy efficiency improvement and emissions reduction. Meanwhile, shipping generates an extremely large amount of data every minute, whose potential, however, still remains untapped due to the involvement of enormous stakeholders and the sophistication of modern vessel design and operation.
This session presents the VesselAI Project and its initial results towards a novel holistic framework based on a combination of the state-of-the-art HPC, Big Data and AI technologies, capable of performing extreme-scale and distributed analytics for fuelling the next-generation digital twins in maritime applications and beyond, including vessel motion and behaviour modelling, analysis and prediction, ship energy system design and optimisation, unmanned vessels, route optimisation and fleet intelligence.
- Welcome (Carlos Agostinho, UNINOVA)
- VesselAI Concept and MVP definition (Spiros Mouzakitis, NTUA)
- VesselAI Pilot Case (Jaakko Talonen, NAPA)
- RDF-Gen data transformation solution (Christos Doulkeridis, UPRC)
- Synergy with I-NERGY project – Artificial Intelligence for Next Generation Energy and I-NERGY 1st Open Call (Vagelis Karakolis, NTUA)