Unlocking a data-driven mobility in Europe
Data is key to unlocking the goals of Europe’s sustainable and smart mobility strategy, such as automated mobility deployed at scale, road safety, new MaaS and shared mobility models, and multimodal, sustainable transport for people and logistics. The availability, quality and exchange of data between the public and private sector actors in mobility value chains are needed to unlock these priorities, closely interlinked with other technology that will advance future mobility, such as AI, digital twins, advances in cloud/edge, V2X communication and more. Evolving regulation is also shaping the needs and approaches to implementing data tech, ranging from the more transversal changes coming from the European Data Strategy such as the Data Governance Act and Data Act, to the mobility-focused legislation such as the updates to the ITS Directive.
The session will focus on cross-learning between the diverse value chains of mobility on common challenges and comparable approaches taken. 3 domains will be looked at, with a discussion round after each one to go further in depth.
Urban mobility and logistics:
- “Connecting the Flanders Mobility ecosystem to Europe: use cases in Mobility and Logistics”, Paul Theyskens, Technology & Standards WG Leader at MaaS Alliance
- “Data sharing perspectives for digital twins in mobility and logistics”, Harbil Arregui Martiarena, Senior Researcher in Intelligent Systems for Mobility and Logistics at Vicomtech
- “Data sharing in airport operations”, Juan Francisco García Lopez, Strategy and Innovation Manager in Airport Department at Indra
Automotive and road transport:
- “Why should an engineering partner in the automotive industry like IDIADA create a DataLab?”, José Manuel Barrios, Head of Digital Transformation and Digital Solutions at Applus+ IDIADA
- “Bringing new and advanced digital technologies to application in the Road Transport domain”, Bernhard Peischl, Innovation manager at AVL List GmbH
“Unlocking a data-driven mobility in Europe”, session overview and moderation, Jim Ahtes, Senior Innovation Manager at i2CAT Foundation
Paul Theyskens’ presentation here
Juan Francisco García Lopez’s presentation here
Harbil Arregui Martiarena’s presentation here