The Transforming Power of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence in Everyday Mobility and Logistics
Transport is a strategic sector for Europe and its economy. This session will show different examples across the sector on how the Big Data and Artificial Intelligence can transform the European mobility increasing the operational efficiency, the travel experience and the creation of new business models based on data. Relevant speakers representing projects and organizations will present the results of their research activates on applying these techniques in real environments to show the impact of AI.
Transforming Transport project aims to facilitate the discussion of making transport more sustainable and efficient. The session ambition is to provide an overview of the below topics and more particularly:
- TransformingTransport. As a lighthouse initiative, TT has demonstrated the value of Big Data and AI applying existing technologies in highways, railway, ports, connected vehicles, e-commerce, urban mobility, airports. Main lessons learn and the main results will be presented.
- AI Opportunities in Mobility & Transport. Technical results of TT, as well as other AI, applied in mobility and transport sector initiatives from BDV PPP, will be presented.
- Big Data in Shift2Rail: CONNECTIVE and In2Stempo projects. These initiatives within Shift2Rail JU are working on bringing Big Data & AI to enhance the travel experience.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (COMP4DRONES – ECSEL JU Project): This European project will use AI in order to ensure safe navigation of drones in different applications included transport.
- The session will further reach out to the audience during and after the various presentations to gather valuable feedback that aims in the formation of a common policy roadmap relating to the topics identified for Big Data in transport.
16:45 – 17:00, Transforming Transport (BDV PPP Lighthouse Project)
- Rodrigo Castiñeira (R&D Coordinator, Indra Spain)
17:00 – 17:15, AI Opportunities in Mobility & Transport
- Andreas Metzger (Head of Adaptive Systems and Big Data Applications, Paluno, Germany)
17:15 – 17:30, Big Data in Shift2Rail: CONNECTIVE and In2Stempo projects
17:30 – 17:45, Create data-driven services from vehicle operating data. Findings from the projects AEGIS and EVOLVE
- Alexander Stocker (Key Researcher & Project Manager, Virtual Vehicle Research Center, Austria)
17:45 – 18:00,The future of e-mobility empowered by Cross-CPP
- Daniel Zelenka (Project Manager, Siemens)
18:15 – 18:30,Unmanned Aerial Vehicles: COMP4DRONES (ECSEL JU)
- Réda Nouacer (Research Engineer, CEA France)
18:00 – 18:15, Discussion (All Speakers)
- Rodrigo Castiñeira (INDRA)