Towards a European AI, Data and Robotics Partnership
Europe has a strong and growing economy in the areas of robotics and big data. Integrated value chains together with a combination of key enabling technologies gives AI the power to transform the economy as well as the society, to preserve European values while taking advantage of technological developments demands a responsible use of AI.
As a response to the Commission Communication on AI published in December 2018 and as committed in the joint Vision Paper in March 2019, BDVA and euRobotics published on June 6th 2019 the first consultation Version of their joint Strategic Research, Innovation and Deployment Agenda (SRIDA) for a European AI-PPP: A focal point for collaboration on Artificial Intelligence, Data and Robotics. A second Release engaging many other different actors has been released in September 18th 2019.
Industry, Start-ups, Government, investors, researchers and representatives of the civic society need to join forces, to engage, to shape and to get all the value out for this European partnership.
Through this panel we bring together key decision makers, industry players and innovators to discuss the “must have” for Europe to leverage current AI opportunities for business and society, and how a European Partnership can support this endevour.
- Thomas Hahn (Siemens/BDVA President)
- Bernd Liepert (euRobotics President)
- Carl-Christian Buhr (Deputy Head of Cabinet of Commissioner M. Gabriel, Digital Economy & Society, EC)
- Kristiina Pietikäinen (Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Juha Heikkila (EC DNECT Head of Unit, AI and Robotics)
- Shivaji Dasgupta (Chief Digital Officer, AI & Smart Data, Deutsche bank)
- Tero Ojanperä (Executive Chairman at Silo AI)
- Michaela Milano (University of Bologna, VP of EurAI, SRIA-Lead AI4EU)