Federation of i-Spaces: The experimentation reference for accelerating Data & AI adoption in Europe
In a world where data owners are empowered to protect their competitive, personal and sensitive data, and also promote innovation and collaboration in the digital space, safe and trustworthy environments for data experimentation and fast innovation without compromising the privacy and security are needed. At the same time, new regulations are required to promote the responsible use of data and technology in Europe. The i-Spaces Federation vision is to be the reference for experimentation and innovation with industrial, public and personal Data and AI technologies following the European, national and regional values and principles, combining a qualified and coordinated network of Labs/testing facilities and the experience of responsible practices of data management and AI to support the European companies in their way into the data economy. EUHubs4Data enables the uptake of advanced data and AI technologies for business and society, promoting data interoperability, protection and innovation as the core principles of their operation, to consolidate the leadership of Europe in the ethical and human centric use of artificial intelligence, contributing to our international competitiveness. The Federation’s mission is to accelerate the evolution and adoption of Data driven innovation and AI Technologies and regulations in Europe by facilitating a safe, trustworthy and regulatory compliant environment for cross-border and cross-sector data-driven experimentation. The Federation links relevant European initiatives on Data and AI in a single ecosystem providing a sustainable high-quality and global European federated catalogue of data sources, data-driven services, courses and solutions deployed locally by the i-Spaces. The Federation, with its technological and geographical coverage offers a one-stop-shop ensuring that European companies at any level could easily access the economic opportunities presented by data-driven innovation, through a secure and decentralized platform where innovators can store, manage, process, and share their data in a safe and regulatory compliant environment. i-Spaces will leverage advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, big data infrastructures as well as value adding data innovation services. In addition, they act as a key consultant for European authorities, working closely with policymakers and regulators to improve existing regulations and develop new ones that support the responsible use of data and technology.
During this session, the vision and future of the federation but also the main results and assets as a base for the exploitation strategy will be shown. The technical team will present a demo of our Catalogue Manager and during the second part, through a discussion with different stakeholders we will give an overview of how this federation and their main results can support the sustainability of other project’s results/assets.
- 16:45-16:50: Welcome and introduction from the EUHubs4Data project from Daniel Saez Domingo, ITI, EUH4D project
- 16:50-17:05: Federation of i-Spaces, the definite pilar for boosting the adoption of Data & AI Technologies in Europe (Focus on the position paper, vision, mission, objectives, relevance in the main initiatives) from Ana Garcia Robles, BDVA, EUH4D Federation
- 17:05-17:15: Assets and Impact from Simon Hardiman, Carsa
- 17:15-17:30: CM (Demo / user perspective) – value of the CM from Guillermo Amat, ITI
- 17:30-18:10: Round table around: Use of our developments (CM) in other initiatives: Integration of services coming from stakeholders on our catalogue (how the federation can support the sustainability of other project’s results/assets) and the use of our developments (CM) in other initiatives from Ignacio Montero (AIMEN – TEF Manufacturing), Miriam Koch and Bastian Koller (EuroCC/CASTIEL), Johanna Walker (KCL – Mediafutures) and Santiago Cáceres (ITI – DataPorts)
Session’s presentation here
The catalogue manager presentation here
Public Catalogue video here
Dataset creation here
Approval workflow video here
Share and distribute video here