Digital Twins and Standards
A number of domains are now applying Big Data and AI technologies in the context of Digital Twins. A set of European projects are extending Digital Twin approaches with Big Data and AI technologies. Emerging Digital Twin standards from CEN/CENELEC, ETSI, ISO SC41, ISO SC42, OGC, IEEE and others are using project experiences as input for further standardisation activities.
This session will report on the results from integration of Big Data and AI technologies into Digital Twins and the relationship to ongoging standardisation activities. The projects will illustrate their potential use and impact on standards in particular related to asset-oriented or geospatial digital twins and their interoperabiilty.
- Introduction to Digital Twins and Standards, Arne J. Berre, SINTEF and Norwai.ai
- ISO SC42 AI and Big Data and Digital Twins – and DT Standards Interoperability – Ray Walshe, DCU
- Multi domain Interoperability: OpenDEI project Interoperability report (Energy, Manufacturing, AgriFood, Health) ISO SC41 IoT and Digital Twin & PWI 27567 Security and privacy of digital twins, ISO SC27/WG5, – Antonio Kung, Trialog
- Process industry domain: COGNITWIN project – Cognitive Digital Twins and IDTA – Industrial Digital Twin Association – Industry 4.0 AAS – Asset Adminstration Shell Standard – Ljiljana Stojanovic, Fraunhofer IOSB
- Manufacturing domain: Circular TwAIN project – Digital Twins – ETSI NGSI LD, Fiware Context Broker for Digital Twins and IDS – Industrial Data space standards – Sergio Gusmeroli, PoliMi
- AgriFood domain: DEMETER project – Agricultural Information Model (AIM), Ontologies and Spatial Digital Twin Standards – Raul Palma, PSNC
- Destination Earth Digital Twins – DestinE – STA4DestinE project – TransContinuum with HPC, Big Data and AI fo DestinE– Valerio Frascolla, Intel
- Marine/Maritime domain: ILIAD – Digital Twin of the Ocean and Spatial Digital Twins, OGC Open Geodata Consortium and Geospatial standards, Piotr Zaborowski, OGC
- Biodiversity domain: BioDT – Bio Digital Twin project with EOSC – European Open Science Cloud and DTC – Digital Twin Consortium standards – Jeroen Broekhuijsen, TNO
- Plenary –Asset-oriented Digital Twins and Spatial Digital Twins – Discussion on future Interoperability of Asset-oriented and Geospatial Digital Twin standards (All)
Presentations of the session: