Big Vehicle Data to Digital Services (Workshop 1.2)
SESSION DESCRIPTION & OBJECTIVES
The aim of this workshop is to bring together scientists from the European big data community interested in how to better exploit the data modern vehicles (as well as consumer devices used in the vehicle) generate during vehicle operation to enable novel digital and data-driven services (e.g. pay as you drive, road quality detection, drive safety applications). The challenge to be addressed within this workshop is to discuss the benefit of linking the data generated by vehicles with non-vehicle data sources (e.g. health data, newspaper content, social media data, sports data, personal activity data, etc.).
In a nutshell, this workshop is dedicated to brainstorming digital (data-driven) services especially for non-automotive domains, which will be present in the workshop. Hence, all domains (Health, Home, Manufacturing, Maritime, Engineering, Automotive, Infrastructure, Public Authorities, etc.) are very welcome to join the workshop. Based on a vehicle data-set from AEGIS project, we’ll try to find novel ideas for digital services.
Thus, we want to work on solving the following questions:
- What are relevant data sources to enable the creation of novel digital services?
- Who are the data owners?
- How can the data (needed for digital services) be provided?
Questions related to digital (data-driven) services:
- Who are the actors in digital service creation, and what are their end-users?
- What are value-flows between the actors?
- What is the role of data platforms?
- What is the role of municipalities / public authorities (European Commission, national authorities…) w.r.t digital services?
- Scoping joint application scenarios to be further elaborated together.
- Novel ideas for digital services (mock-ups, user stories).
- Value models showing actors, influences, and value flows.
- Introduction to the topic, the data-set and the workshop concept.
- Individual brainstorming on general questions and questions related to digital (data-driven) services.
- Hands-on workshop, discuss ideas in small groups.
- Brief group presentations.
- Participants interested in designing data-driven services.
- All domains (Health, Home, Manufacturing, Maritime, Engineering, Automotive, Infrastructure, Public Authorities, etc.) are very welcome.