Application Track 4: Autonomous Systems – Main session
November 4, 2020 - 16:00 - 17:30
Application Track 4 - Autonomous systems
This track addresses the current challenges that arise at the interface between Big Data and autonomous systems for industry and the development of autonomous systems. Especially the interface between data infrastructures, data access and data sharing on the one hand and autonomous systems or robots on the other:
- What are the biggest challenges in terms of Big Data and robotics (e.g. real-time data streams and latency)?
- Which data infrastructures are needed to support the development of interactive, context aware, adjustable, learning autonomous systems?
- How can improve access to data to advance the development of autonomous systems?
- Do we need more cooperation regarding large amounts of data for autonomous systems and how can we foster cooperation?
In order to meet these challenges, questions arise regarding options for action and the development of strategies:
- How can research and development help the industry?
- How can a European way be developed to strengthen AI and autonomous systems and strengthen Europe’s position in international competition?
- Which industrial strategy is necessary for Europe and what could it look like?
To discuss these challenges and issues, the track will bring together industry representatives from the US, China and the EU and robotics researchers.
SPEAKERS OF THIS SESSION
Full Professor at Universidad de Sevilla/euRobotics
Global Head of Artificial Intelligence, SAP at SAP
Executive Director DFKI/Professor at DFKI/University of Bremen/Platform Lernende Systeme
VP Head of Airspace Management at Airbus
General Manager at CRRC Zhuzhou Institute
Europe Chief Adviser at CRRC Zhuzhou Institute
at Toyota Autonomous Driving chair & University Freiburg